On the occasion of the European Maritime Days, which took place in Rome (18-21 May 2009), the maritime Regions published a manifesto entitled “European Regions support Maritime Policy every single day” which calls for new stages in the development of integrated maritime policy.
In Rome, the CPMR also demonstrated its involvement in maritime issues through:
- The participation of Mr Xavier Gizard, CPMR Secretary General, in the workshop on the stakeholder platform for maritime policy on the morning of 19 May
- The participation of Mr Paul Tourret, member of the CPMR Scientific Council, in the workshop on maritime transport on the morning of 19 May
- The participation of Mr Francesco Attaguile, General Director, Sicily (Co-Leader of the CPMR Tourism Group), in the workshop on supporting sustainable growth in coastal tourism on the morning of 19 May
- The organisation of a workshop on maritime clusters on the afternoon of 19 May
- The participation of Mr Jean-Yves Le Drian, President of Brittany Region and Chair of the Aquamarina Group in the session on maritime clusters on the afternoon of 20 May